Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jessie J says 'haters' are what helped make her album so 'honest'

The British songstress is currently enjoying success with her debut album Who You Are, which includes the hit singles Do It Like a Dude and Price Tag. The 23-year-old says that enduring hardships helped her to pen the lyrics for her hugely successful record.

Jessie is proud of the 'honest' account of her life.

'No one else has lived my life and I've brought my life to my album. I've been through a lot of health issues and ups and downs and I've stood up to the haters. There are a lot of people I've met who smile to your face then stab you in the back. You can't listen to my album and think someone else wrote it for me ' it's very honest,' she revealed in an interview with TOTP magazine.

Jessie wants to be the UK's answer to pop icons Lady Gaga and Rihanna. The raven-haired star is willing to push boundaries to make it to the top.

''d love to be as successful as Gaga, but almost in an opposite way, to compliment her. I feel like the UK needs a pop icon that can battle with Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry. I want to do big shows and create something crazy,' she revealed. ''ll do interviews and say I need a poo ' I don't want any boundaries.'

No comments:

Post a Comment