Friday, June 10, 2011

Tracy Morgan Apologizes -- Gay Jokes NOT FUNNY

Tracy Morgan has issued an apology for the homophobic "jokes" he told during a performance in Nashville last Friday -- saying he "went too far" and his act was "not funny in any context."

In the statement, which Morgan sent to several gay rights groups, the comic says, "I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville."

He adds, "I’m not a hateful person and don’t condone any kind of violence against others."

"While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context.”

Morgan ignited a firestorm for the homophobic content in his act -- in which he said he would stab his son if he acted gay.
LAMediaWatch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment