Sunday, January 27, 2008

Serbian pride

Novak Djokovic has celebrated his first major title triumph by thanking his close-knit family for giving him support both on and off the tennis court.
"I would like to thank reverybody in my box, not for just these two weeks but through my whole life," said the world No.3.
Djokovic also explained he was thrilled to win his first Grand Slam title in Melbourne following his four-set defeat of unseeded Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
"I'm very very happy that I won my first Grand Slam here and so hopefully I'll see you here in this stage more often in the future," he said at the trophy presentation.
Djokovic pointed out that he was aware he was not the favoured player to win the final, but jokingly forgave the crowd for barracking hard for Tsonga.
"I still love you guys, don't worry," he laughed.
The No.3 seed also paid thanks to the army of Serbian supporters who had cheered him on throughout the fortnight and watched him become the first Grand Slam champion from his country.
"I'm so proud of course with myself in the first place but then to be the first Serbian who won the Grand Slam title, I think it's a crazy house back in Serbia and thankyou (to) my country.
"I love you guys if you're watching."

No comments:

Post a Comment