Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vanessa Paradis doesn't want to 'please everyone'

The French singer-and-actress ' who has children Lily-Rose, 11, and seven-year-old Jack with partner Johnny Depp - was upset when she once heard a TV presenter criticise her vocal ability but learned to accept not everyone will enjoy her work.

She said: 'A TV presenter was once talking about people he couldn't stand and one of them was me.

'He said my voice was too quiet; as a singer, that's a pretty bad thing to hear. But then you can't please everyone, and I don't want to.'

The 38-year-old beauty ' who shot to fame as a singer aged just 14 - has also spent time as a model for brands such as Miu Miu and Chanel, but doesn't think it overshadows her other work.

She revealed: ' started in music ' and modelling and acting came later, so I don't think that side of things has made people in the music industry take me any less seriously.

'Anyway, I started at an age when I didn't look my best ' I was only a teenager.' MUSIC-NEWS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment