Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Meet Matteo and Valentino Martin



Meet little Matteo and Valentino Martin, see how exhausted new dad Ricky looks despite his immaculate highlights and wonder (perhaps aloud) whether Matteo and Valentino would beat Jennifer Lopez’s twins in a brawl. (They would not.) You’ll also get a peek inside Ricky’s home, where he’s currently raising his twins without the aid of a nanny but with the aid of a personal assistant, whom we’d like to think of as being very limber:
The singer tells Hola that, if he’d had a single son via surrogate, he would have named him after himself. After finding out he was going to be a father to twins, however, Ricky decided that it would be “unfair” to name just one kid Ricky and chose to come up with two different names altogether. He selected Valentino, “the valiant,” and Matteo, “a gift from God.”


On his decision to have biological children, the singer (perhaps in anticipation of the backlash he might receive from his more conservative, Catholic fans) explains:
“I felt a real need to see myself reflecting in my children’s eyes, that’s why I decided to go with a surrogate. It was the best option for me at this point in my life. There are people who think that science and medicine don’t go with God, but I see art and God’s hand in each and every one of my sons’ movements, in each smile and every cry. This whole process has been a spiritual one for me. Becoming a parent has been a blessing.”
But, he adds, he isn’t opposed to adopting more children to be named Ricky in the future:
“Adoption is still an option. I’ve just started building my family and have always imagined having lots of kids. I don’t see any reason why I wouldn’t pursue adoption at some point in the future. We’ll see what happens.”

No comments:

Post a Comment