Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Who`s laughing now???

She's the holder of this year's Oscar for Best Actress and an acknowledged beauty.
But inside Kate Winslet says she still feels like the fat schoolgirl who was nicknamed Blubber and locked in the art cupboard.‘I was bullied for being chubby. Where are they now!’ she tells this month's Marie Claire. I had, “No one will ever fancy me!"... well into my teens. Even now I do not consider myself to be some kind of great, sexy beauty. Absolutely not.'\
'I do think it’s important for young women to know that magazine covers are retouched. People don’t really look like that.
'In films I might look glamorous, but I’ve been in hair and make-up for two hours; someone’s been lighting a scene for three hours.
'With the nudity in The Reader, for example, even I was like, “Damn, I look good.” And that was the lighting – it was a bit of body make-up. I don’t believe in pretending those things don’t go on.’
Home Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment