Saturday, April 25, 2009

Who`s you grandaddy? Michael Caine!


The more he talks about his life and career, though, the more it doesn't sound like a happy coincidence that he is playing such roles. He became a grandfather for the first time six months ago and is quite tickled by the role.
He had two daughters – Nikki, born in 1958 during his first marriage to actress Patricia Haines, and Natasha, now 35 – but 'never a son', so he is inordinately chuffed to now have a grandson. He says little Taylor, whose father is property developer Michael Hall, likes to sit on his knee and watch football.He does that, at six months? 'Absolutely. We watch Sky Sports together. I like looking after him. I'm pretty good with him, too. I feed him. I carry him. I have pushed the pram a little –only around the house, mind, not in public. But I like it. I like being with him. We get on.'
He demonstrates holding little Taylor, in the way one might hold a Ming vase. I say he looks like a man who hasn't held many babies recently.
'I am a little afraid, yes. I'm always scared I'm going to drop him. I only hold him if there is a carpet underneath. I wouldn't hold him over a stone pavement or anything. Silly, really. I never dropped my own children.'
What about the business of nappy changing? He looks distinctly horrified. 'Oh no, no. Are men expected to change nappies these days? Really? I wouldn't do that. I haven't got the fingers for the safety pins these days, anyway.'

Home Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment