Monday, October 29, 2007

China Forbes -my dear, I am IMPRESSED!

China Forbes was born and raised in Cambridge, Massachusetts where she graduated cum laude from Harvard and was awarded the Jonathan Levy Prize for acting. In New York she has performed on the theatrical stage, and in rock clubs as a singer-songwriter. She has written songs with Rick Nowells, and Billy Steinberg and Charlotte Caffey of the Go-Go’s. Her original songs can be heard on television and film and she sings the theme song to UPN’s Clueless as well as “Qué Será Será” over the opening and closing credits of Jane Campion’s film In the Cut. In 1998 she relocated to Portland, Oregon to sing full time with Pink Martini.
SUGAR HIGH
Tonight was one of those manic nights induced by the catering smorgasbord. It is easy to get bored on the road and food becomes the entertainment. Everyone is grumbling about all the bread and cheese, but tonight it was all about the sugar for me and I was bouncing off the walls. If only there had been a video camera to capture my comic monologue which erupted at the dinner table, but alas, the cameras are never there when something funny or interesting is happening.
Now I am listening to Sarah Vaughan, Shirley Bassey, Cat Power and all my favorite singers as I type away on my laptop, dreaming of Monday when we get to go HOME! We are in Neuchatel, Switzerland, and tomorrow we head for London. The tour has been a great success, and everyone is in good spirits, though exhausted. We don’t have our bus anymore, so the challenge is: how do I consolidate all of my bags and things back into an acceptable FAA approved package?
Only two more shows, and I don’t know if I will have a chance to write again before we leave. So a big thanks to Ralf, our bus driver, for shepherding us safely and smoothly around Europe. And thank you to Pete Plympton, Gilles Gagnepain, Christophe Comte, and Charlie Bradshaw, the fantastic production team! Green tea, skim milk and flowers in every dressing room. Reverb in my monitor at all the right moments. Keys to lock up my valuables. Big brothers I never had...
This is devolving into a high school yearbook page, but I just want to say that you guys are the best.
And, of course, Thomas makes everything possible...and he is so cute!
–China

No comments:

Post a Comment