Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ivana`s new Czech star: Hana Soukupova


Hana Soukupová (born December 18, 1985) is a Czech model.
Soukupová was born in
Karlovy Vary, Czechoslovakia (now in the Czech Republic). Because of her height, she began playing basketball for a local team. Soukupová began to work as a model in Prague when she was 13.
In September 2004, Soukupová was selected as one of only nine top models to appear on the cover of American
Vogue in an issue that compared supermodels today to supermodels of the 80s and 90s heyday. Others included Daria Werbowy, Gemma Ward, Gisele Bündchen, and Karolína Kurková. She is also been featured on the cover of Vogue such as Italian Vogue, China Vogue, Russian Vogue, Spanish Vogue, German Vogue, Brazilian Vogue and in Nippon Vogue and also on the covers of Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Spur, and W. Hana's editorials can be found in publications such as Vogue internationally, Allure, Harper's Bazaar, V, Elle, POP and Russh.

Czech model Hana Soukupova covers 2 Magazine and poses for a sexy spread in a mesh crystal leotard by The Blonds and jewels by Judith Ripka.
Hana, who turned 24 last week, spoke about how she got her start, her personality and what’s next…
On how she got her start: “My sister and I were going through a magazine right before Christmas, when we found an ad for a modeling competition that promised a $100 prize. We thought ‘Oh, we could make some money for Christmas presents’ so we sent in our pictures, never thinking that they’d call us. I signed a contract but my sister got the money, and I was really upset about that part!”
On people’s misconceptions of her: “They tend to think that I’m a goody girl, and I guess I am – but not as good as they think. When someone tells a dirty joke around me everyone stops, saying ‘you said that in front of her?’ even though I’m laughing at it.”






Just Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment