Monday, November 23, 2009

Holmes Jr.


Robert Downey, Jr. covers the November 27 issue of EW, and he tells the magazine that while he’s happy to have opportunities in the entertainment industry, like next month’s Sherlock Holmes, he can “already see its inevitable decay.”
Here’s what the 44-year-old actor had to say about living up to a huge role, having a life outside of work and what he’d like to do in the future…
On living up to a well-known character: “Holmes is a huge iconic character, and this is a really big movie. [shrug] I’m just a guy.”
On having a life outside acting: “Susan [Downey, his wife] and I want to begin to be in our lives as much as we are in our jobs. I’d love just to sit here and say, ‘What movie’s playing tonight?’ I’d love to finish the new book about D-Day I’m reading. I love painting, I love music.”
On the future: “I’ve never had it this good – this is my day in the sun – and I certainly don’t want to look a gift horse in the molars….But here’s the thing: I can only be a guy on a call sheet probably, I don’t know, maybe a couple more times. It’s something I’m so grateful to have in my palm, and yet I already see its inevitable decay.”
For more from Robert, check out
EW, on newsstands Friday (November 20)!
Bigger pic inside…

Just Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment